If you use an Android smartphone, you are almost certainly logged into your Google account. Google Drive is accessible to anybody who has a Google account. Many of us would be bothering about ‘How to save files to Google Drive?’
Cloud-based storage service Google Drive allows users to save files online and access them from any device of their choice, including mobile phones and tablets as well as desktop computers and mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and iPhones and iPads.
Google Drive, the company’s cloud storage service, is available to all customers for free. Google recently revised its policy on free storage, which was implemented earlier this year. Essentially this means any new images and movies you back up will be counted toward your free 15GB of Google Storage that is available to all users.
How to save files to Google Drive on an Android phone or tablet
- To access the Google Drive app on your smartphone, tap on the symbol that looks like a cloud.
- If you haven’t already, sign in to your Google Account to begin the process.
- To add a new file/folder to your storage, click on the “+” button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the upload option.
- Choose the files that you wish to upload and click “Upload.”
- After the files have been uploaded, you will be able to access them from any device of your choosing.
How to save files to Google Drive from your PC?
- Google Drive may be found at drive.google.com.
- If you haven’t already, sign in to your Google account to get the momentum going.
- To create a new document, select the +New icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- To upload a file, click on the upload button.
- The files that you intend to upload from your computer should be selected.
- After the file has been uploaded, you will be able to access it from any device of your choosing.
Here’s how to increase the amount of cloud storage available.
If you have used up your 15 GB of free storage, you may purchase more storage to ensure that your material is always backed up on Google Drive. Users in India have the option of choosing between monthly and yearly subscriptions.
In exchange for Rs 130 a month, Google provides 100 GB of storage space. Alternatively, if you want additional storage capacity, Google also offers a plan that provides 2TB of storage space for Rs 650 per month.
Aside from that, Google offers a plan for Rs 200 per month that provides you with 200 GB of data.
Users interested in yearly subscriptions can choose between two options: 100 GB per month for one year at Rs 1,300 or 200 GB per month for one year at Rs 1,300.
For Rs 6,500, you may receive 2TB each month for a year, which is a significant saving.
In a statement, Google stated that when customers’ 15 GB of free storage is set to expire, they will be notified both in the app and through email.